Dress pattern ready to cut in a muslin fabric - Le patron de robe est prêt pour une toile

22 h 02

Today, I worked on this pattern a great part of the afternoon. Though their is one missing in the picture, I took four patterns to create  the one I want.



For the neck line and the rest of the top front the drafting is inpired by Vogue 8413 and Vogue 1250
For drawing the back, I took pieces of Vogue 8413 and Butterick 4976
For the sleeves I use the ones from view B in Vogue 8413 easy choice.
Finally for the skirt, I took a little bit of Butterick 4976 (for the waist line) and Kwik Sew 3472 for the rest.

The result in two dimension is this :



The front as a self fabric fabric facing since it the inside might be visible. The dress will be lined so I draft a piece for the front lining that will be attached to the facine. The back and back lining are the same and the back neck line will be finished with a narrow band as in Vogue 1250. The sleeve will not be lined and the skirt back and front and lining use the same pattern.
The muslin will be cut tomorrow night.

I forgot to mention this pattern is based on a 5% negative ease. Whish is the minimum I negative ease I use for knits. When the fabric is stretchy, I go up to 12%. I depends on the fabric, the pattern and the spure of the moment.


J'ai passé une bonne partie de mon après midi à me faire plaisir. Contrairement à mes débuts en couture, aujourd'hui j'adore jouet au Dr Frankenstein. Je mets ensemble toute sorte de pièces de patron afin de créer le vêtement dont j'ai envie. Malheureusement, je ne possède pas les connaissances, le savoir faire et le talent de mon ami Paco Peralta. Ciel qu'il est impressionnant à voir travailler.


Ainsi cet après midi, je me suis inspirée de quatre patrons pour concevoir un modèle de robe.



Pour l'encolure et le devant en général je me suis inspiré des patrons Vogue 8413 et Vogue 1250
Pour dessiner le dos, le Vogue 8413 et Butterick 4976 m'ont été fort utiles
Les manches sont prise tel quel de la robe B du Vogue 8413
Finalement, la jupe amalgame la ligne de taille du Butterick 4976 et le reste vient du Kwik Sew 3472.

Vous avez ci-dessus le résultat de mon opération Frankenstein de la journée.
Le devant comporte une parementure à même la pièce du devant. La pièce arrondie constitue la partie devant de la doublure s'attachant à la parementure. Le dos sert aussi pour la doublure et une bande finira l'encolure dos comme pour le Vogue 1250. Le jupe devant et dos ainsi que la doublure utilise la même pièce. 


J'oubliais, le patron est basé sur une aisance négative de 5%. Selon, le patron, le tissu et mon goût du moment, je peux aller jusqu'à 12%. Plus que ça ce n'est pas joli.

Je taille la toile demain soir je crois. Je verrai alors si j'ai réussi.

If you forgot this is the fabric.  Si vous l'aviez oublié, le tissu sera ceci.



Do you Frankenstein sometimes ??

For Gaylene in Ottawa, I will make a special for my pants very soon. You will have all details.

You Might Also Like

5 commentaires

  1. I will write a blog post about ETSY Summit in the course of the day. I'll make sure to include some details about ewerk, where it took place. However I will have to source the images from elsewhere since my camera went down at the beginning of the summit :(!
    Yours, Theresa

    RépondreEffacer
  2. Thank you Anne-Marie! I will await the special with anticipation,
    Cheers,
    Gaylene

    RépondreEffacer
  3. Oh yeah!I´m Frankenstein all the time! Love making mixtures to create a proprietary design that is inside my head. Looking ahead ...

    RépondreEffacer
  4. I own each of these patterns so I'm very interested in your 'Frankenstein' dress. The fabric is beautiful.

    RépondreEffacer
  5. I am looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

    RépondreEffacer

Popular Posts